I am the biggest procrastinator that I know and getting ready in the mornings is no exception. If I don’t have a morning routine or I choose to ignore it (this happens more often than not), I normally just sit on the couch for an hour and then realize it’s too late to look cute. Now I am mad at myself for not being productive. Surely I can’t be the only one in this situation, so this post is for me just as much as it is for you. Here are 8 things to do before 9am (or whatever time you need to leave your house) to kick-start your day, leaving you happy and productive.
- Wake Up Early. Starting the day off early will let you get the most out of the day. Make sure you get a full 8 hours, though, or waking up early will make you exhausted.
- Shower. I know this seems obvious, but before I do anything (even eat breakfast), I take a shower. Being clean makes everything easier and now my hair is wet so I have to do something about it, not just sit on the couch. I strongly recommend showering in the morning instead of the evening, unless you are just really pressed for time, because it doesn’t make any sense to be at your cleanest while you’re seeping. I also do this because my hair is blonde, and if I wash it at night it turns an odd color.
- Exercise. I know you this sounds like the last thing an unmotivated person wants to do, but exercising boosts endorphins and is a great way to kick off your day. Our body was made to move so, even if you don’t have time for a full work-out, at least go for a walk (maybe even take your dog!).
- Breakfast. It is commonly known that breakfast is the most important meal of the day, but not everyone believes this. Usually, if we’re running behind, we tend to skip this to save time, but this can damage our health and even make us gain weight. Eating a small, healthy breakfast kick-starts our metabolism for the day and starts burning fat early in the morning. Something as small as an egg and toast or fruit will do the trick. No need to go crazy.
- Drink Water. Staying hydrated is vital to health and drinking an 8 ounce glass of water when you wake up and before you go to bed will make a world of difference.
- Make a To-Do List. This sounds silly, but it really works. It will help you from forgetting all the small stuff you need to get done for the day. Put it in the notes section of your phone or write it down and stick it in your purse to look at later. Make sure to put down any errands, appointments, bills due today, groceries to pick up (if you are out of milk or bread), and anything else that you need to get done. Besides productivity, it always makes me feel accomplished when I can check everything off my list and relax knowing that I didn’t forget anything.
- Look in the Mirror and Say Something Positive to Yourself. This also probably sounds needless, but boosting your confidence and self-esteem will increase your productivity and allow you to have a happier day ahead of you.
- Leave the House Early. Being late to work or your appointment will only put a damper on your day. Make sure to get there on time by leaving the house a few minutes early.
I hope these help boost your daily productivity. If you like this post, follow my blog! As always have a blessed day and thank you for reading!